Open since 1997, Craftworks is locally owned and family run. Originally downtown Peterborough, Craftworks was on the corner of George and Sherbrooke streets. Our big red rocking chair was a local landmark, highlighting the corner for many years. Over 300 local crafters and artisans showcased their talent in the original store.
In 2009, Craftworks moved to it’s new location at The Barn, east of Fowlers Corners. This unique location, already home to an Antiques Mall, was the perfect space to continue our mission of highlighting Ontario’s best products. At Craftworks at the Barn you’ll find:
- locally handcrafted gifts
- antiques vendor mall
- handcrafted Mennonite furniture
- local honey, maple syrup, and hot sauces
- large pantry section of Mennonite-made jams, jellies, meat pies, fruit pies, butter tarts, and cookies
- Kawartha Dairy and Empire Cheese
- home décor
- ladies and men’s apparel
- garden giftware
- a large selection of hardware: knobs, hooks, brackets, etc.
Craftworks is a proud member of the Chamber of Commerce, CFIB, and Retail Council of Canada, as well as a supporter of The Arthritis Society, The Peterborough Kinsmen Club, Rotary International, Cystic Fibrosis, The United Way, Kawartha Choice and many more. We take pride in supporting our community, after having received so much support ourselves.
We've replaced our giant rocking chair with a big red Muskoka Chair! We continue to operate 7 days a week almost 362 days of the year!